Choose a topic discussed in the article that you believe is important for nurses to address
using an advocacy framework. Design an informational strategy to introduce this issue to a
specific stakeholder such as your legislator, parents, educational institutions, or other
identified stakeholders. Make sure you address the policy effect of the topic and the best
strategy to advocate for the topic. Think Creatively and Be Creative.
1) Educating the public about the safety and efficacy of vaccines
a. Design a social media campaign or educational pamphlet with information for
the stakeholder community.
2) Lobbying for a specific legislative bill – must list the specific bill
a. Write a letter to your local government representative
b. Design a presentation for the legislator
c. Design a policy brief
3) Other ideas for topics
a. Write a speech for a select audience
Submit a PowerPoint presentation of the topic and the venue that will deliver your message.
Maximum slides 10 excluding the title page and references slides.
1) Choose a topic discussed in the article (5 points)
a. Explain how it is important to nurses
2) Design an informational strategy to introduce this issue for a specific stakeholder (10
a. Content of strategy
3) Scholarly Writing (5 points)
Minimum three references. Must adhere to APA (7th edition) citation format ( hidden indent ). All references
must be peer-reviewed articles.